Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Okay, Ouch.

These are my new puppies. I bought them yesterday for the start of the running clinic I signed up for. It started last night. This morning, my body is screaming at me. Wanna know what it is saying?

Are you nuts?

Do you think you are 21 again?

Can you take it easy on me??

I have not run in almost.....hmmm... 15 years? Maybe longer. Truth is, I don't really enjoy running. But I am trying to come to an agreement with it we can both live with. I just want to be able to run a 5K without puking. Setting the bar low? Perhaps. But for now, that is my goal.

Last night was challenging. Good, but challenging. When I arrived at the track, I was handed a sticky with my workout on it. 200, 200, 400, 200, 200, 400. Just numbers to me, but soon I realized how much sweat they would represent.

We began by taking a jog 2 times around the track. Two times. 800 meters. Truth be told, I was pretty much ready to call it a night after those 2 laps. Then we stretched, and then began the workout. 200, 200, 400, 200, 200, 400. Wow! Lots of sweat and some new friends later, we were done with our speed runs. I use the word speed lightly. I was at one point passed by a kid playing lacrosse who looked like he was out for a Sunday stroll. But never mind that I half-walked the last 200, I finished and that's that.

I am actually looking forward to next Tuesday. I may never love running, but maybe I can start to like it. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment